Ah a weekend for me! Well, when I say me, I mean us. A weekend where the three of us can spend the whole day together without Mom having to rush out the door to markets (and in the background there is always ‘I know you have to go but I wish you could stay’ cry).
Sundays tend to be very informal in our house, not a roast beef in sight, but elevenses are always noteworthy. These Berry Buttermilk Muffins from Good Food: 101 Cakes and Bakes are filling though not as luxurious as these friands from Celia at Fig Jam and Lime Cordial. Since HoneyB was helping, she deemed it very necessary to keep the fruit well away from her muffin mix opting for chocolate instead.
Berry Buttermilk Muffins
~ 12 muffins
400g plain flour
175g caster sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
85g butter, melted
200g fresh/frozen berries
1. Preheat to 200C (180C fan). Prepare 12 hole muffin tray by lining with paper cases.
2. Add all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and combine using a whisk.
3. Combine all the wet ingredients except the fruit and mix into the dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
4. Gently stir in the fruit and generously spoon into the muffin tin.
5. Bake for 25mins until nicely browned on top.